Thursday, January 1, 2015

Caprese Bites! 21 Day Fix Approved!

Lets bring it back to the basics people.. Caprese bites! They are as simple as they look. Not only are they simple, but they are delicious and nutritious. These bad boys are 21 Day Fix approved! These are a great appetizer for people to grab and go. There is no mess, no fuss, and minimal clean up. The hardest part about this appetizer?? Cutting the cheese. No pun intended..

I may or may not be obsessed with basil. When I grow it, I can't grow it fast enough. When I use it, I use it in bulk. I love pesto, and have made a couple batches of it. The stuff I get at the store goes bad so fast, that by the time I go to use it, it is already bad. I will have to get to work on a little potter for the winter... Can't be to hard right??

I am always looking for waistline friendly, easy, low maintenance appetizers that satisfy the majority of peoples palates. This is one of my new favorites.

Caprese Bites:
Cherry Tomatoes
Mozzarella Cheese
Basil Leaves
Balsamic Rice Vinegar (Or whatever balsamic you prefer)
Toothpicks or Skewers

Simply cut the cheese to your size preference, and load up your skewers. I didn't put amounts, as you can make as many or as few as you would like. I set the balsamic on the side of the dish. That worked best for me. I didn't know when people would want to eat them, and didn't want any of the ingredients to get soggy. The balsamic is a nice little kicker. I am a sauce lover, so this was my fix approved replacement.

Enjoy!

-Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me at my Beachbody website or on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment