Thursday, January 29, 2015

Homemade Paleo Applesauce

 Did you know that applesauce is super easy to make?? I didn't! 
Our family came down with norovirus, and we stuck to the BRAT diet.. We had a fair amount of toast with my Aunt Jenny's homemade apple butter on it. We quickly ran out, so I text my Aunt Jenny for her apple butter recipe. It was then that I found out how easy it is to make applesauce! It does get a little tricky when the kids are tired, and you just want finish peeling and cutting your apples... Minor details. All in a days work! 
Once everything was peeled and cut, it was smooth sailing! I would HIGHLY recommend this recipe. It is simply to easy not to. Why purchase chemicals, additives, and fillers when you can simply make it on your own?! 

Here is what you will need:
Organic Apples (as many or as few as your heart desires) - I used 14
A Mill or a Masher
I could get technical and say a knife, cutting board, peeler, a pot.. :-) 

Instructions:
Peel, core, and cut apples.
Put in pot like the photo below.  


Cook the apples on the low until they are tender. I cooked them on low for almost 2 hours covered. I would check on them and stir them every so often. 
Once they are tender, and cooked to your liking, mash them up. 


If you are looking for a very smooth consistency, just throw them in the food processor. 
When you have the consistency you would like, eat baby! 

It is just that easy!! You are welcome to add anything your heart desires from there! I like to keep it simple. 

Enjoy!

-Motivated Mommy Clayton-

You can always find me at my Beachbody website!

No comments:

Post a Comment