Sunday, January 18, 2015

Crock Pot Strawberry Banana Raisin Steel Cut Oats


I decided to mix it up and try a totally new recipe. I wanted steel cut oats for our lunches this week, but wanted to try something different. I previously made Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats. 
My original thoughts were for something a little different, but we were out of blueberries. Shoot!
Even though I didn't make what I originally intended this turned out just fine. 

What you will need:
1 1/2 cups Steel Cut Oats 
3 cups Almond Milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup Raisins
1 whole Banana
6 Strawberries 

Instructions:

First measure out and add the steel cut oats to your crock pot. 

Next, cut up your strawberries and banana, and add them to the crock pot. You can cut them as small or as large as you prefer. I like the chunks, so I kept them a reasonable size. 



After you have added your fruit, you will add your almond milk and raisins. I gave it a quick stir, set it on high, and walked away! 



I let this cook on high for 3 hours. I checked on it every 30 minutes to give it a stir. The last hour I checked every 15 minutes to make sure it didn't stick to the sides. 

When it was done, I put it in my individual Pyrex containers for the week!!

Enjoy!

-Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me at my Beachbody website!



No comments:

Post a Comment