Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Portobello Mushroom Pizzas


Did you know that two large portobello mushrooms are only a couple bucks at your local grocery store?? I didn't! This makes for a cheap and easy dinner! I literally had everything else I needed at home. I did a couple different varieties to see how they turned out, and I got lucky! I loved one, and Jason loved the other. 
My friends, these were as easy as loading them up, and throwing them in the oven. Simple, simple, simple. That is how we roll in my household. 


What you will need:
2-4 Portobello Mushrooms
Toppings of your choice

What I used on Pizza:
Marinara Sauce
Ham Cubes
Cheese

What I used on Mexican Pizza:
Refried Beans
Green Peppers
Cheese


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place aluminum foil on baking sheet. 
Scrape off underside of Portobello Mushrooms, and wash off once scraped. Make sure to remove the stem. 
Once you have cleaned it out to your liking, top with all toppings but cheese. Make sure that you don't overdo it. The mushrooms do tend to put out a little bit of water. 
Bake for 25 minutes. I took them out around 20 minutes and soaked up the water with a paper towel. 
When there was about 5 minutes left, I topped each of the mushrooms with cheese. 
Once the mushroom starts to sink in to the aluminum foil, it is ready to eat! 

We ate them in bowls, and loved them! 

Enjoy! 

-Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me at my Beachbody website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment