Sunday, January 4, 2015

Brown Sugar Balsamic Crock Pot Chicken

If you haven't noticed, I may or may not love my Crock Pot. I use it more often than I wish to admit. The sheer convenience of it is perfect when you are a busy person. There is nothing better than the throw and go method. This recipe is exactly that. This is the second time I made this recipe. The first go around I didn't have the correct ingredients, and it didn't turn out. This time around I made a couple modifications and it turned out to be a BIG hit!
We had a couple friends over. Jason had just gotten back from fishing all day with Brian. Martha and I had been hanging out with the kiddos, and we were ready for some flavorful food to fill our bellies! This sure hit the spot. Not only is this husband and kiddo approved, but it is also guest approved!

This is simply delicious, and has very few ingredients. It has the bold flavor that doesn't have the large calorie count.

Brown Sugar Balsamic Crock Pot Chicken

What you will need:
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup balsamic (I used Mango Balsamic from Fat Louie's in Door County)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp corn starch/arrowroot powder
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp minced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
4-5 boneless, skinless thawed chicken breasts

Mix everything but the chicken together in the Crock Pot. Once everything is mixed add the chicken. Coat it with the liquid ingredients. Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or cook on low for 5-6.
Shortly before I served it I shredded the chicken. It is totally up to you if you prefer it to be shredded.
I had to quickly set some aside so that I had a container to take to work on Monday! Isaac had two bowls full.
Some of our guests added salsa or guacamole to this to spice it up!

Enjoy!!

-Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me on my Beachbody website!

No comments:

Post a Comment