Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

These little delights are something I had never tried before. I had never ventured in to the prosciutto world! Oh for the love, these are good! They give you a little bit of salty, a little bit of crunch, with the deliciousness of asparagus. Did I mention they are SUPER easy and quick? These are the perfect appetizer to serve at a party. Not only are they low maintenance, but they are not a high calorie food. Protein and veggies. Boom! Take that waistline!

I served these on Christmas, and I had more than my fair share. They were so good, I totally spaced on taking pictures of ALL the food we ate on Christmas... I remembered to snap some photos when we had packed everything away. Shoot! Well at least we had some leftovers to take pictures of!

This picture doesn't doe these babies justice. Jason cut them in half to fit them in the container. I served them whole. Here are the simple instructions or find them on my Pinterest:

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus:

2 packages of Prosciutto
1 bushel of Asparagus
1 tbsp of Coconut Oil

I washed and cut the bottoms off of the asparagus. I cut each of the pieces of prosciutto in half. From there I place the prosciutto at and angle and roll it onto the asparagus. I started at one of the corners, and wrap it tightly.
I cooked everything in a cast-iron pan with about 1 tsp of coconut oil. They only cook for about 2-3 minutes. Once you see the prosciutto start to brown they are done. We of course did a taste test before we served them to make sure they were edible. :-)
I served them immediately after they were cooked. Delicious!

Enjoy!

-Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me on my Beachbody website.

No comments:

Post a Comment