Thursday, December 4, 2014

Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos

My friends, I apologize for the awful picture. We were done with dinner and I realized I hadn't taken a picture. I made 2 pounds of chicken and this was all that was left! Needless to say this is a HUGE hit in our house. It is very very Husband and kiddo approved. Isaac had several bowls full of meat, as did Jason. I opted to put the chicken into a wrap with a little cheese. No matter how you spin it, this dish is delicious! Did I mention it is healthy lifestyle friendly as well?? Crock pot win!
Can you dig a meal that is easy, brainless, and waistline friendly? I know I can! It's a dump and dash meal.

Lets go over how to create another winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos:
2 lbs Chicken Breasts
2 heaping tbsps Taco Seasoning (you can easily make your own)
4 Tomatoes
1/4 cup cilantro
1-2 cups mushrooms

Optional Ingredients:
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1/2 onion

Instructions:
Chop up the tomatoes and mushrooms. Thaw out the chicken. Turn on the Crock Pot. Toss everything in. Go about your day. Let cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 7 hours. Once the chicken is cooked through and tender, shred, and eat!
Boom. Mom of the year award goes to you!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment