Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Homemade Baby Food


Why do I take the time to make my own baby food???? Because I know exactly what is going into my babies tummy!! I'm not adding chemicals, I am not adding anything to it that I wouldn't eat!
Does it take extra time?? Yes, yes it does. For me that extra time is worth it!

I have learned with baby number 2 how to cut corners, and how to make the most of my ingredients.

Where did I start? I will admit, I did start with the organic pouches from the store. I did this to find out what my youngest liked. This gave me a great starting place. I didn't want to waste my money on ingredients if he wasn't going to eat them. I decided to only invest a couple bucks to see if he was ready.

From there, I got a great idea of what he did, and did not like. The biggest key is to keep it simple!! 

Here is my strategy:
Cook up butternut squash, and sweet potatoes. Once they are cooked, I mash them up, and keep them in baby food jars. 
I keep spinach, fresh fruits, and old fashioned oats on hand. 
When he is ready to eat, I use our Bullet Blender, and throw in a combination of several ingredients.

To keep him full, I always add a bit of oatmeal. Both kids loved fruit. So I would use a large amount of fruit, and add in the veggies in small amounts. I wanted to make sure they were getting a balanced amount of food, instead of just fruit. 

Based on what he gobbled up, I would changed of my blender concoction. 

Again, I chose not to pay the price for the convenience of premade baby food. Just a little bit of prep truly made the difference. Being able to throw everything in our Bullet Blender made it so doable. It really reduced the amount of time it took to make.

It is worth a shot!! 

Here are a couple of my go to combinations:

**Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Strawberries, Oatmeal**
**Butternut Squash, Bananas, Oatmeal, Strawberries**
**Spinach, Applesauce, Strawberries, Oatmeal**
**Cooked Carrots, Bananas, Blueberries, Oatmeal**
Enjoy!

-Motivated Mommy Clayton-

You can always find me on my Beachbody website! 


No comments:

Post a Comment