Friday, March 13, 2015

21 Day Fix Approved Pot Roast


The flavor of the spices mix is awesome. Henry, our youngest son, went to town on the veggies. We had to strip him down ,and throw him in the bath right after dinner. Isaac was a fan of the meat. I was a fan of everything, and Jason was fishing. To bad so sad!

This was a little more prep than I normally like, but it was definitely worth it. The great thing about this recipe is you can add more or less veggies. I am adding more veggies to the recipe than I used. Next go around, I will definitely be using a lot more. They are just so tender, and delicious! 

If you don't have the exact spices I used, just go for what you have in the cabinet. 

What you will need: 

Spices Mix:

1 tbsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Garlic Mix (I used the Crippa Family Spice that we received at our Cousins Wedding)
2 tbsp Steak Seasoning (Or a mix of thyme, peppercorn, something along those lines)
1 tsp Creole Seasoning (Or something to give it a little jazz)


What food you will need:

3 lb Chuck Roast
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
3 lbs Carrots
2 bushel or package of Celery
5 Sweet Potatoes
1/2 cup Beef Broth

Directions:

Mix spices together in a small bowl, and set aside. 


Melt coconut in a large frying pan on low heat. Place meat in pan, and coat the meat in coconut oil. Flip to all four sides so it is covered. Once covered, sprinkle on 2/3 of spice mix. I used the sprinkle > rub > turn > repeat method.
Turn the heat up to medium high. Lightly sear each side. Once up to temp, it should be about 1-2 minutes on each side. 
Once it is lightly seared, place in Crock Pot. 


Add all of your veggies to your frying pan. If there is no coconut oil left, simply put a little more in. Add the veggies to the pan, and add the remaining seasoning mix. 
Let veggies get a sear on them, and cook them for about 5 minutes. Once they have a little sear, add them to the Crock Pot. 


Add the beef broth to the Crock Pot. Cover, and cook on low for 5-7 hours. The original recipe said to cook for 9 hours. I took the everything out after 5 hours. The meat was cooked perfect, and the veggies were mushy. If I would have left them in for the full 9 hours they would have been soup. My Crock Pot seems to cook at a higher temp. If after 5 hours your meat and veggies are not ready, I would let it go for another couple of hours. 

Enjoy!

Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me at my Beachbody website!


No comments:

Post a Comment