Saturday, March 28, 2015

10 Tip To Get Your Body Back After Baby!


Right after I had my second baby, I was getting married in a few short months. I knew I wanted to lose my baby weight and simply had no idea where to start. Sure, I can tell you all of my tips, and I truly hope you follow them, but I needed a clear path. I turned to my sister for advice. She recently started her journey as a fitness coach, and I knew I could trust her. She recommended the 21 Day Fix Challenge Pack, and sent me all of the ordering information. I blindly ordered, and didn't tell my soon to be husband how much it cost.. I told him I needed the tools, and that was final. 

The program gave me a clear path. Right down to measuring containers for my food! That is exactly what I needed. An idiot proof system that was simple. I had two kiddos under two. I simply didn't have time to over think it! The first round I lost almost 10 pounds, and several inches. 

Don't be fooled, my results have been over the course of 9 months. This is a clean eating program that teaches you how to start a new and healthy lifestyle. This is something that if you are willing to learn can change your life. Period. 

Here are some tips that I have learned on my weight loss journey! 

1.) >>Exercise. Exercise. Exercise!<< I know it sounds simple but, it has truly given me energy I didn't know I had! 

2.) >>Eat Clean<< I truly believe you are what you eat. I have removed GMO's, chemicals, and processed foods from our house. If I am somewhere where I am left with no choice but to eat something that is processed, I can literally taste the chemicals. It's awful!

3.) >>Correct your portion sizes<< The simplified system of 21 Day Fix taught me how to do this. It simply tells you how many you can have of each container. Boom. Done. Easy!

4.) >>Drink at LEAST 100 ounces of water a day<< This is the fastest way to lose weight. If you need a place to start, this is the easiest way to do it. 

5.) >>Find an accountability partner<< You are more likely to stick with it if you have someone doing it with you! Period. I am more likely to work out when my husband is doing it with me. 

6.) >>Tell someone your goals<< Your odds increase of sticking with it when you voice your thoughts. Tell someone you can trust, and ask them to hold you accountable. Set a punishment if you miss your goal (100 burpees for not working out). Set a reward for when you achieve your goal (get a new workout outfit when you lose 30 pounds)! You NEED something to work towards!

7.) >>Breastfeeding<< This is a VERY personal choice. This truly helped me lose my baby weight on top of exercising. It also gave me a very personal connection with my baby. This worked for me, but doesn't work for everyone. You need to do what is best for you. 

8.) >>6 small meals a day, not 3 large meals<< This will increase your metabolism. You body is able to break down your food faster, and gives your body energy. When you are giving your body food it needs to function instead of overloading in one category, you are helping fuel your body.

9.) >>Positive affirmations<< Tell yourself at LEAST one positive thing a day. The more positive words you hear, the more positive you feel. 

10.) >>Personal development<< This is something I take very seriously. I am always learning, working to be a better person, and finding new ways to help others. I keep a book on my bed stand, and try to read before bed, and when I'm pumping at work. I just finished Compound Effect, and am currently reading Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey! 

Please let me know if you would like more information, or have any questions on the programs that I have done, plan to do, and what options we have to fit your needs. 


Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me on my Beachbody website!

No comments:

Post a Comment