Saturday, November 22, 2014

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

Whats cookin' good lookin'? In my kitchen you will find some hot off the press White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. Are they totally diet approved? No. No, they are not. I live by the 80-20 rule. 20% of the time I am a little naughty. I am only human. If somone was 100% all the time they would go nuts. These bad boys are a guilty pleasure. They have oatmeal and cranberries. Were good! 
I changed the original recipe I found on Pinterest as I didn't have everything it called for. I was craving sweet fruit and the cookie goodness. These are Isaac approved. Jason is hunting so he will get to try them if there are any left!!

So, I used the following recipe:

1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract 
1 egg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats 
3/4 cups dried cranberries 
1 cup white chocolate chips


  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, and butter with the paddle attachment. 
  2. Add the egg and almond extract and mix well.
  3. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and flour. 
  4. Fold in the oatmeal, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips. 
  5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place them on a parchment lined or greased baking sheet 2 inches apart. 
  6. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. 
  7. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet. 
  8. Enjoy every, last, one!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment