Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Slow Cooker Cherry Apple Almond Steel Cut Oats - Clean Eating!


I previously posted my Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats Recipe. I have been experimenting with Steel Cut Oats Recipes. I discovered this recipe, and am addicted! This is only a half batch compared to my last recipe, but it was a great way to make sure that I would like it. 
My favorite way to cook is in the Crock Pot! Just dump and ditch. Not only was this fast and easy, but it is super tasty! 


What you will need: 

3/4 cup of dried cherries 
1 peeled and diced apple
2 cups almond milk
1 cup steel cut oats 
2 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp ground flax seed 
1/2 tsp almond extract 

Instructions:

Peel, cut, and dice up apple. Add all ingredients to the Crock Pot. Dump and ditch it! 
I cooked this on high for 2 hours. Once the steel cut oats were cooked to my liking I stored them in Pyrex. This was one of the best breakfast choices I have ever made!

Motivated Mommy Clayton

You can always find me at my Beachbody website!

No comments:

Post a Comment