Sunday, February 22, 2015

Relaxation Bottle aka Timeout Bottle


This little boy has been in a heated battle with his brother over the Relaxation Bottle. Both boys are very intrigued by its wonder. For the couple of days we have had it, it has already come in handy for several occasions.

This morning when Henry didn't want to focus on eating, I shook of the bottle and put it in front of him. When he watched the bottle he would take several bites for me. 
Today, Isaac was was starting to get a little antsy before nap time. I gave him the bottle, and he calmed right down. 

There are a couple ways to use this bottle. At the moment, we use it for the calming effect. When one of the kiddos starts to act up, we shake up the bottle and let it do its magic. The glitter has a mesmerizing effect that settles them right down. 
The other purpose is, you sit them in timeout, shake up the bottle, and they are not able to leave timeout until the glitter settles to the bottom. We haven't gotten there, but it will be down the road. 


What you will need:
Bottle with a flat bottom
2 tablespoons glitter
1 tube or 1.75- 2.1 ml of glitter glue
1 bottle of clear Elmer's Glue 
Tap Water
Hot Glue Gun and Glue





Instructions:
Fill water bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Put all other ingredients except hot glue into the container. I filled it almost to the top with water once I put all of the ingredients in. 
Once I had everything in, I put the top on and shook it up. I decided to add more water and more glitter glue than what the original recipe called for. 
When we were satisfied with what we had, we put glue around the top and closed it up. We let the glue dry for several hours. I had Jason test it to make sure he couldn't get it off. 
It is one of the easiest toys and distractions in the house.  

Enjoy!

You can always find me at my Beachbody website!

No comments:

Post a Comment