Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Spinach Crust Pizza - 21 Day Fix Approved!



You will notice that I only have two pictures for this recipe.... I have to be honest with you, when I made this I did not expect it to be so good. I was not planning to put up the recipe. I judged this book by it's green cover, and wrote it off before we even tasted it.

It is CSA time, and we got a TON of greens in our box for the week. We needed a NEW way to eat our greens, as we were feeling rabbits... We had enough salads, and it was time for Pizza!!

Have you tried the cauliflower crust? We have too. My husband despises cauliflower, and he cannot even stand the thought of eating it, no matter what form it is in... So there was this one amazing site called Pinterest, and I took advantage of it!

My husband and oldest son were asking for more.. I didn't double the batch as I figured they were going to choke it down with a smile. When they asked for more I panicked!

Needless to say we have had pizza 4 nights in a row. We really just used toppings that we had in the fridge. We just used what we had to save ourselves a trip to the grocery store.

I would HIGHLY recommend this recipe! It is easy, fast, and delicious!!

Crust Ingredients:
2 cups raw spinach leaves
1 egg
1 cup cheese blend of your choice
Spices - I used some garlic scapes, as we got TONS of them in our CSA basket

Crust Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Blend all ingredients in a Magic Bullet or Food Processor. I used our Magic Bullet. It was a lot less clean up, and went very quickly.
Put parchment paper on a pizza pan. This will save you!
Once you have all of the ingredients blended well, pour on to parchment paper. Spread evenly.
Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until the edges are brown.

Add all toppings, put back into oven on broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Let cool for 3-5 minutes, cut and serve.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment